[Tweeters] angel burn update

Lorenz, Teresa (lore5748 at vandals.uidaho.edu) lore5748 at vandals.uidaho.edu
Tue Sep 16 08:48:31 PDT 2014

Hi Tweeters,

We were in the Angel Burn (Wenatchee National Forest, Yakima County) yesterday for a quick check on the woodpecker situation. The Forest Service has reignited parts of the burn so be prepared for smoke if you visit in the near future

We saw a black-backed woodpecker and three hairy woodpeckers within minutes of leaving the car, but our radio-tagged white-headed woodpecker has left the area. We also did not see other white-headeds. Our visit was very short (<10 minutes), but we were wondering if the woodpeckers are starting to thin-out. Nevertheless, it is still a good spot to see black-backs.

Teresa

Teresa Lorenz

Rimrock, WA

lore5748 at vandals.uidaho.edu<mailto:lore5748 at vandals.uidaho.edu>