[Tweeters] berries to bugs in Battle Ground

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:42:23 PDT 2014

Tweeters,

After several mornings watching the local Cedar Waxwings gorge themselves
on berries around my Battle Ground, Clark County yard, I enjoyed their
change of feeding behavior as they hawked insects that must have hatched
this morning. Everywhere I looked there were waxwings vaulting upwards and
etching crooked lines in the sky as they chased unseen insects.

At the water feature were Western Tanager, Black-throated Gray and Yellow
Warblers, Swainson's Thrush, Willow Flycatcher and Warbling Vireo. I
expect the Willow Flycatcher to leave pretty soon. The second Black-headed
Grosbeak left several days ago.

On the raptor front, a Peregrine was circling overhead before continuing
south, several apparent migrant Red-tails and a fairly steady stream of
Barn and Violet-Green Swallows.

Nothing to report regarding nocturnal migration - too tired to listen.

Keep your eyes and ears skyward!

Jim
--
Jim Danzenbaker