[Tweeters] Sooty Shearwaters is consensus

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sun Sep 14 15:19:39 PDT 2014

Hello you wonderful Tweeters!!

Seems to be the definite consensus that it's the Sooty Shearwaters streaming by - still - during the Seahawk game!! (That is from 7am to 3pm so far!!).

I was amazed to read they only lay a single egg!! Wonder what the success is to their massive numbers!! Crazy to think that this is a life bird for us (not knowing if we'd seen it before). To see it in such massive numbers confirms we have actually seen it! Though difficult to see it not in motion. Wondering what give it such successful numbers compared to others?

Thanks to all who replied, including Jeff, Dianna, and Carol Riddell from Oslo among others so quickly and definitively.

Caryn / Temporary Beach Bum

Now, what about the ones flying south (black w/ yellow bill - not cormorants!? :)))