[Tweeters] Re: Nisqually NWR Green Herons

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 19:33:55 PDT 2014

The prey is a larval-stage salamander: note the tadpole-like tail and the small legs, and the body more elongated than a tadpole. At that size, it could very well be the Pacific Giant Salamander, or perhaps Cope's Giant Salamander, a form which remains in larval form all its life.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrTcXm._RRU6u4Ar3iJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsZ29xY3ZzBHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEc2xrA2J1dHRvbg--;_ylc=X1MDOTYwNjI4NTcEX3IDMgRiY2sDNnVpN25mZDludGl0dSUyNmIlM0Q0JTI2ZCUzRDF5X3FnUEZwWUVLVUNxZ0Q5TlZJVFdGRC4waEwwOHd1Um1NYWNRLS0lMjZzJTNEcHYlMjZpJTNEZHVsX21wWUhNaTNtT1NHTV9EZnMEZnIDeXRmZjEteWZmMjUEZ3ByaWQDQkNiRE9qeVJRRktoQVpWelM3THhMQQRtdGVzdGlkA251bGwEbl9zdWdnAzAEb3JpZ2luA2ltYWdlcy5zZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzMwBHF1ZXJ5A3BhY2lmaWMgZ2lhbnQgc2FsYW1hbmRlciBsYXJ2YQR0X3N0bXADMTQxMDY2MTg0NQR2dGVzdGlkA251bGw-?gprid=BCbDOjyRQFKhAZVzS7LxLA&pvid=6MpkGTIwNi5vSPd7U37LvgWNNzMuNAAAAABMzmR0&p=pacific+giant+salamander+larva&fr=ytff1-yff25&fr2=sb-top-images.search.yahoo.com&ei=UTF-8&n=60&x=wrt