[Tweeters] Black-headed Grosbeak & Goldfinch

Christine Southwick clsouth at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 12 09:11:53 PDT 2014

Yesterday, at about 5:00pm, I had a juvie Black-headed Grosbeak (BHGR), a female American Goldfinch (AMGO)[first of year for me this year] and four or five Housefinches--both male and female, with active molting on one of the males. A Black-headed Chickadee (BCCH) with extra white near the scapulars was darting between visits; at least one (maybe two different ones) Red-breasted Nuthatch(RBNU) would just climb down and calmly eat suet, or black oil sunflower seeds.
Song sparrows(SOSP) and two Spotted Towhees(SPTO) (1 adult male, 1 juvie) were under the feeders enjoying the bounty.

Unfortunately, I also had a very pushy hungry Eastern gray squirrel (when aren't they hungry?), so my viewing was interrupted.

Christine Southwick
N Seattle/Shoreline
clsouthwick at q.com