[Tweeters] No Brown Booby, Franklin's Gull Off Pt. Defiance

Marcus Roening Marcus.D.Roening at gsk.com
Tue Sep 9 19:11:16 PDT 2014

Hi Tweets,

Art Wang and I worked our way around Point Defiance Park, from the ferry landing to the Narrows Viewpoint with no booby from 4:30-6:30 pm.

The lighting was perfect and the waters were calm so we were able to scope at a considerable distance. The highlight was standing high above on the bluff looking down on 1600 Bonaparte's Gulls. In the midst was one first year Franklin's Gull with its dark gray wings, smudged face, half moon eye rings and black terminal tail band. A nice consolation prize.

Good birding,

Sent from my iPad

Marcus Roening,
Tacoma. WA