[Tweeters] Fir Island highlights today 9/8

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:47:41 PDT 2014

Tweeters:

The Skagit WMA headquarters was very birdy this afternoon, especially the main pond adjoining the parking area. Most numerous of the shorebirds were LESSER YELLOWLEGS (150+) but there were many GREATERS as well. Among these and both DOWITCHER sp, I had a single juv. STILT SANDPIPER as I was leaving. While chatting with the Lundquists on the trail that heads south from the main dike trail, we all heard, and then saw in overflight, a SOLITARY SANDPIPER. There were a few PECTORAL SANDPIPERS and WILSON'S SNIPE here also. Earlier in the day, I ran into a first-of-season LAPLAND LONGSPUR along Moore Rd.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com