[Tweeters] Re: Sparkling Violetear

John Puschock g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 7 10:19:57 PDT 2014

I wouldn't completely write off the possibility of Green Violetear just yet. There's been some discussion of the identification on the Facebook ABA Rare Bird Alert group, and there's still some uncertainty. Apparently, Green Violetears from the northern part of their range can show blue on the chin. There was a similar bird in Texas this past summer, and the consensus seemed to be that it was a Green, though Sparkling was considered. You can see that bird at http://blog.aba.org/2014/06/abarare-green-violetear-texas.html.

(For the record, I'm not making a claim for one species or the other.)

John Puschock
Matthews Beach, Seattle
g_g_allin at hotmail.com
http://zbirdtours.com