[Tweeters] Chelan Hawk Fest/ Sept. 13th

merdave at homenetnw.net merdave at homenetnw.net
Tue Sep 2 20:25:18 PDT 2014

Hi, Fellow Birders, In case you missed the first post, or forgot the date
is so soon, here is another reminder about the 5th annual Chelan Hawk
Watch Festival, in Pateros, Wash. Hope to see you there. Meredith
Spencer, Bridgeport

The 5th annual Hawk Migration Festival happens the weekend of Sept 13th in
Pateros, WA. This year we have Jerry Ligouri visiting us from Hawk Watch
Intl. Jerry is the premier raptor ID expert in the area and has authored
3 books: Hawks from Every Angle, Hawks at a Distance, and The Crossley ID
Guide: Raptors. He is offering a raptor ID workshop at 7 pm on Friday
the 12th and he will be up on Chelan Ridge all day Saturday to talk about
raptor biology, life history, and migratory issues.

For more info about the festivities or to sign up for the events, please
go to ncwaudubon.org.

There are still plenty of spots available for all the events and I hope to
see you there.

Thanks,
Richard Scranton
Hawk Fest Coordinator