[Tweeters] Puzzled at large flock of Flickers at reservoir in Volunteer Park, Seattle

Franny curlew7 at q.com
Tue Sep 2 14:29:12 PDT 2014

Hi there:

I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help me and my friend with an observation.  A large flock of Flickers was seen today on the grass next to the reservoir at Volunteer Park.  They were 10 or more in a group, just hanging out and moving around, with some coming and going. Since the Flickers in the park don't seem to migrate and most likely wouldn't be staging, we wondered why they would congregate like that.  My friend has been going the park twice a day for over 20 years to walk his dogs, and had never seen this type of a grouping.  Usually the Flickers are seen alone.  Any ideas?  We're just curious.

Franny Drobny

Seattle, Washington

curlew7@ gmail .com