[Tweeters] My "Homeland" eBird Checklist

Andy Stepniewski steppie at nwinfo.net
Mon Sep 1 21:18:20 PDT 2014

Hi Tweeters.

I apologize for any undue excitement caused by my submission of Checklist checklist-subID=S19641800. Ellen and I birded Tokeland the afternoon of 1 September. I was entering our sightings on my Birdlog app as she was driving east from Raymond, I guess somewhere in Lewis County. I didn’t notice the app spellcheck changed my Tokeland to Homeland. Thus, we did NOT SEE any of the mega rarities for Lewis County noted in that checklist: Brown Pelican, Willet, Whimbrel, Long-billed Curlew, Marbled Godwit, Heermann’s Gull, and Common Tern. I truly hope the Rare Bird Alert sent out by eBird did not cause too many birders a late afternoon stampede from the far corners of WA to Homeland this afternoon to search for these Code 5 (more or less) Lewis County birds.

Andy Stepniewski
Wapato WA
steppie at nwinfo.net

---