[Tweeters] Re: Photos and Video of Edmonds SNOWY OWL

Paul Bannick paul.bannick at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 08:20:48 PST 2014

Hi Roger,

Snowy Owls up North typically nest near water and all (10+) of the nests i
have seen have been less than 10 miles from salt water. After successful
reproductive years, when we see the owls, they stay where they find food.
The food is often either rodents or seabirds.

Regards,

Paul

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Roger Moyer <rogermoyer1 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Nice video. Has anyone theorized why the birds in this area seem to be

> drawn to the coast when they nest in the interior up north?

> Roger Moyer

> Las Cruces, NM

> ------------------------------

> Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 08:08:12 -0800

> From: rohankamath88 at gmail.com

> To: tweeters at u.washington.edu

> Subject: [Tweeters] Re: Photos and Video of Edmonds SNOWY OWL

> Reposting because earlier links got messed up

> Hi Guys,

> Here are my images and a short video of the SNOWY OWL at Edmonds from 23rd

> Nov, 2014.

> We were very fortunate to first spot her small white head from the fishing

> pier in the scope, then head over to the boat parking for better views and

> run into Rob and Kelly who were the nicest people on the planet and agreed

> to take us out on their boat so that we could get a closer look at the owl.

> The Snowy has been the #1 bird on my wish-list for over a decade. And now

> finally I got to see her.

> Hope you enjoy the photos and the video. Do notice how she looks up at the

> plane flying over-head and the ferry coming in.

> Cheers.

> Photos:

> http://goo.gl/Iuw3VQ

> http://goo.gl/4D8ZiX

> http://goo.gl/KrDUYE

> http://goo.gl/D6Drbv

> Video:

> http://youtu.be/cpkxLx0d8ck

> -Regards,

> Rohan Kamath

> Software Development Engineer

> Amazon.com, Seattle, WA.

> Conservation begins at HOME... We CAN make a difference...

Paul L. Bannick
Nature and Bird Photography
www.paulbannick.com
206-940-7835