[Tweeters] First of Fall Eurasian Wigeons, and a question

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 20:19:58 PST 2014

Saw the first Eurasian Wigeons today: Evergreen Rotary Park, Bremerton, in the little cove at the south end, in a flock of American Wigeons.  There was one definite male Eurasian, and I am fairly confident that there was a female, too -- she was noticeably redder than the female Americans, and she stayed close to the male Eurasian.
Since I had a similar sighting at the same locality late last winter, I wonder: is there any research into whether the same individual Eurasian Wigeons come to America year after year -- perhaps they imprint on a location?
Jason HernandezBremertonjason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com