[Tweeters] odd cowbird

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 18:33:25 PST 2014

Tweeters:

Some time back I posted about an odd juv/imm COWBIRD found up near Jensen last Sept. I just noticed in zoom that the left side of the iris is dark yellow--not obvious but it can be made out. Check out the zoom of just the head (p. 5 of the flickr site) at:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/14115261@N05/page5/?details=1

Would be interested in any opinions out there. The bill is really massive on this bird, there might be some out there in Tweeterland who would say this should have been given as COWBIRD/BLACKBIRD, sp.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com