[Tweeters] Cottage Lake Park Acorn Woodpecker

Louise Rutter louise.rutter at eelpi.gotdns.org
Fri Nov 14 16:16:41 PST 2014

Just back from viewing the Woodinville acorn woodpecker. When I left at
3.30pm, the bird had just flown to the western section of the park. Vickie
said the bird had done this a few times earlier in the day, but always
returned to the large mossy tree south of the playground.

Due to the never-ending roadworks, traffic is bad when approaching this park
from the Woodinville side. The Duvall side would prevent no issues.

The tree is easily viewed from footpaths, but if you want to move around for
the best angle, parts of the field are very soggy, and boots may be
worthwhile.

Many thanks to Vickie for finding the bird and posting.

Louise Rutter
Kirkland