[Tweeters] Comment on Shep Thorp's EBIRD Canada goose question.

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Fri Nov 14 14:56:52 PST 2014

Randy Hill and I had a discussion over those same geese as we knew birders were calling them Dusky's and we both thought no. Let me add both Randy and I worked with Dusky's as a profession. I thought these could be some off shoot of the "wusky's" a ill thought out plan by folks who were trying to bolster Dusky populations years ago. i do not have much experience with them but they were Dusky's bred with Western's and were established at the lower Columbia River near the mouth. Randy brings up another good thought there are geese referred to as "Vancouvers" who are dark in color and may lead to what we saw. I tend to like Randy's thought for I think the "wusky" experiment was short lived and I do not know much more than that.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

Sent from my iPad