[Tweeters] Common Raven, Lincoln Park area, West Seattle

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Mon Nov 10 17:47:15 PST 2014

Hi Tweets,

This morning I was surprised that I seemed to be hearing a Common Raven from my deck near Lowman Beach in West Seattle. As I was walking toward Lincoln Park at midday, I heard the calls again and was pretty sure I was hearing a raven – then I caught a distant photo of the bird in hot pursuit of an eagle along the beach, and when I zoomed in later, it became apparent to me that I was seeing the diamond tail of a raven. (I’d be happy to send that photo to anyone who’d like to double-check the ID.)

There were multiple eagles calling and interacting as they soared along the bluff at Lincoln Park. They’ve been doing a lot of stick-carrying (photo<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/15576674200/>) recently as well – perhaps good news for an eaglet in 2015.

(I also observed a number of Varied Thrushes and a fairly cooperative flock of Golden-crowned Kinglets; a couple of photos are at flickr.com/photos/trileigh<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/>.)

Good birding to all,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Lincoln Park, West Seattle
Natural history website: Naturalpresencearts.com<Naturalpresence.wordpress.com>
Photography: Flickr.com/photos/trileigh