[Tweeters] Very Late Hummingbird, Ellensburg

Walter Szeliga walter.szeliga at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 14:52:35 PST 2014

Dear Tweeters,
While doing yard-work yesterday and then again today (11/9), I had a single Hummingbird flying about my neighborhood. I cleaned and redeployed my hummingbird feeder yesterday, but the Hummingbird hasn’t spent much time at it yet. I have only been able to get very brief looks before it zips away, but I’ve heard it calling quite a bit, and the vocalizations are most similar to Rufous/Allen’s Hummingbird. If you are interested in searching for it, it is possible to park at North Alder Park and then walk northwards on the bike trail behind the far eastern end of the park. The Hummingbird has been seen near the houses just north of E. Greenfield Ave.

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga
Ellensburg, WA