[Tweeters] Yellow-Billed Loon at Whidbey Island

Paul Webster paul.webster at comcast.net
Sat Nov 8 15:49:09 PST 2014

Whidbey Island, November 7, 2014

Hi Tweets,

Mary Anne Thorbeck joined Barbara and me for a scouting trip to Whidbey
Island yesterday. We had fine weather with scattered clouds and temps from
the mid 40s early to the low 50s. The bird of the day was a YELLOW-BILLED
LOON that Mary Anne spotted about 75 yards offshore at Libbey Beach County
Park. We also saw RED-THROATED and PACIFIC LOONS there, several MARBLED
MURRELET pairs, HARLEQUIN DUCKS in close, and had a fly-by of a dozen BLACK
TURNSTONES. In the trees behind us we found about a dozen RED CROSSBILLS.
Our list for the day was 86 species.

Good birding!

Paul Webster

Seattle