[Tweeters] Neah Bay Photos - Part Deux

Doug Schurman doug at bodyresults.com
Mon Nov 3 10:08:22 PST 2014

After visiting Neah Bay on Wednesday and being very excited to see all the
great birds out there I was amazed to hear about discoveries of a Brambling
and a Cattle Egret. Neither of which I had seen in WA before. As a result, a
group of 5 of us caught the 5:35am Saturday ferry out of Edmonds. We were
treated with great views of the BRAM and CAEG early on. Lots of birders were
in town for the Hobby and I believe probably everyone that wanted to see it
at least got scope views. In the area where people were watching the Hobby
there was a Northern Pygmy Owl hunting. It moved around to different perches
and some folks had some nice close views. In the afternoon a Rock Sandpiper
was spotted which was another bird I really enjoyed seeing.

I took a bunch more photos and had several that I thought people might like
seeing. It includes Brambling, Cattle Egret, Northern Pygmy Owl, Rock
Sandpiper and a few others. The photos can be seen in the link below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlebirdman/sets/72157649096388811/

If you missed my previous set that included Hobby photos you can see it at:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlebirdman/sets/72157649065012355/

Good birding to all,

Doug Schurman

Seattle