[Tweeters] Prairie Falcon nest site videos from Canyon Rd. - by Ralph Meier

Barbara Deihl barbdeihl at comcast.net
Sat May 31 15:42:42 PDT 2014

Here's the latest on PRFA nest sites along Yakima Canyon, as seen from near Mileposts 10 and 14:

[We]went over to Canyon Rd yesterday at first light. There wasn't much action until around noon. We stopped in at MP 10...spotted adult perched in one spot and then fly into this stick nest above and upstream from last years site. Then we stopped in the pull out right after the lodge (MP 14 PF site) and were delighted to see four or five healthy babies bouncing around (best to use spotting scope). Looks like they may be about two and a half weeks old.

The videos:

05/28/14 RHM Prairie Falcon #10 MP Yakima Canyon Wa MVI 3075 HD

05/28/14 RHM Prairie Falcon Chicks @ MP #14 Yakima Canyon Wa MVI 3071 HD

Barb Deihl
North Matthews Beach - NE Seattle
barbdeihl at comcast.net