[Tweeters] Two Lifer Visuals

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 20:33:03 PDT 2014

Doug Schurman wrote, "Wilson Cady likes to say, where else can you be guaranteed a free campsite
on Memorial Day weekend in Washington?"

I reply, in the National Forest, away from the Recreation Areas.  I attempted to reach Wonder mountain Wilderness over Memorial Day weekend.  The attempt failed, but I did get to see two species which I had previously only heard: Sooty Grouse and Hermit Warbler.  Indeed, to judge by the songs I was hearing, Hermit Warbler must have been one of the most abundant birds in that part of Olympic!

Jason Hernandez
Bremerton
jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com