[Tweeters] Lynnwood mystery duck

Ann Wood annmariewood at comcast.net
Thu May 29 11:42:53 PDT 2014

For many years I've enjoyed a surprising variety of birds at Sprague Pond including a pair of Green Herons.

A couple of days ago I noticed a duck and single duckling in the N end that I haven't been able to identify. The female reminds me of the Pintail we had there last year but the markings aren't quite right. The chick is almost completely brown and distinctly different from the mallard chicks.

The pond is south of 200th St SW and west of Cedar Valley Rd in Lynnwood, WA. If you're in the neighborhood please check them out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Ann Marie Wood
Mountlake Terrace

Sent from my iPhone