[Tweeters] House Wren @ Bowman Bay

Michael Fleming michaelfleming01 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 16:04:46 PDT 2014

This morning I birded several locations on Fidalgo Island (Skagit
County) and then drove over the Deception Pass Bridge and spent a
little time at Cornet Bay and Deception Pass State Park in Island
County. The first stop was a drive around March Point where I saw a
breeding plumage RED-NECKED GREBE which surprised me, and also had
CASPIAN TERN and MORNING DOVE in this area.
I made a quick detour to Campbell Lake but it was pretty dead with
the only bird of note being a RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD. Next I was off to
Rosario Beach State Park where I was after BLACK OYSTERCATCHER and
managed to locate 3 of them. There were lots of Pigeon Guillemots &
Rhinoceros Auklets at almost all the beach access sights that I
stopped at.
I then pulled into Bowman Bay (which was a first for me) before
heading over to Whidbey Island; and at this spot I had a singing /
perched HOUSE WREN near the flag pole and trash cans just as you enter
the parking area. This bird acted like it was going to stay and did
not mind my presence. A singing WESTERN TANAGER and a couple of
SWAINSON'S THRUSH were also present.
The only bird of note that I tallied at Deception Pass State Park
was an OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER. The HOUSE WREN really made my day as
it was so cooperative.......

Cheers and Good Birding;

Michael Fleming
Ballard, Washington