[Tweeters] Western Scub-Jay at Jaunita Bay Park

plkoyama at comcast.net plkoyama at comcast.net
Wed May 21 10:46:25 PDT 2014

Tweets,
I just returned from leading a bird walk at JBP for the YMCA Senior Wellness Program. Before we even got to the boardwalk, while I was pontificating about the robins in front of us, a participant spotted a bird at the top of one of the taller cottonwoods out towards the end of the east platform. I couldn’t quite believe my binoculars, but when I got a scope on the bird, it was the Western Scrub-Jay I had suspected. I had a good scope view, but unfortunately it flew off to the west just as I stepped away to show it off. We never did relocate it, but anyone over there should keep an eye out.
Penny Koyama, Bothell
plkoyama at comcast dot net