[Tweeters] Swainson's Thrush FOY near Greenbank on Whidbey

Kristi Hein khc at picturesandwords.com
Tue May 20 21:02:14 PDT 2014

Today while we were strolling the Meerkerk Gardens on Whidbey Island, we
heard the ascending song of a Swainson's Thrush in the woods. First of
the year for us. They should reach Anacortes before long!

When we first moved here from San Francisco in June 2004, that
unfamiliar, haunting, persistent song drove us crazy because we kept
asking the long-time residents what that bird was (of course we could
never seem to/*see*/ the bird), but no one, even the reputed local
experts, could tell us. Finally my sister suggested it was a thrush, and
we matched up the song online.

Good birding,

Kristi Hein
Anacortes