[Tweeters] Red-necked Phalarope at UBNA

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Tue May 20 12:08:35 PDT 2014

Hello Tweets,

My students and I spent an informative and inspiring afternoon yesterday with Connie Sidles at Union Bay Natural Area, aka the Fill. As you’d expect, the students were truly touched by Connie’s passion for and commitment to the place. We were all thrilled when a Red-necked Phalarope (ID’d by Connie, fortunately*) swooped in over Central Pond and then landed dramatically in clear view. Photos at flickr.com/photos/trileigh<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/>.

Other highlights included a Cinnamon Teal, Northern Pintail – well, I guess pretty much every sighting was a highlight, really.

Good birding to all,
Trileigh

* (Fortunately, because the only other time I’ve encountered Red-necked Phalaropes was while I was rafting down the Grand Canyon and too preoccupied with staying alive to memorize their appearance…)