[Tweeters] Harlequin Duck pair at Wallace Falls SP

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Mon May 19 22:21:38 PDT 2014

Tweets – my wife and I hiked the trail up to the falls at Wallace Falls SP, Gold Bar, Snohomish Co. There weren’t many birds once we got past the powerline corridor (with lots of singing MACGILLIVRAY’S WARBLERS), but on the way back down, I spotted a pair of HARLEQUIN DUCKS in the river. This was looking downstream from the first river viewpoint upstream of the Little Falls side trail; not very far from the parking lot. There was also an adult and juvenile AMERICAN DIPPER just a little downstream from the Harlequins. We saw both the Harlequins and Dippers between 7:30 and 8:00 pm.

There are not very many breeding season records of Harlequin in Snohomish County in eBird, so I thought I’d mention this one.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com