[Tweeters] Lazuli Buntings at Kent Ponds

Rex S. Takasugi rextak at msn.com
Mon May 19 09:41:20 PDT 2014

On a Sunday afternoon walk Joyce and I enjoyed viewing a couple
of Lazuli Buntings at Kent Ponds, just north of the south tower; we don't
see that bird all that often at Kent Ponds. A Cinnamon Teal was also
present, another somewhat uncommon bird for that area. We also heard a
Savannah Sparrow, the first of the season for us. There were many of the
usual suspects, but another highlight was this female Mallard that had at
least 17 ducklings paddling around her (hard to count them when they are all
moving around so quickly).

Good birding!

Rex Takasugi

Kent, WA