[Tweeters] Black-crowned Night-Herons parachute into a Burns, Oregon field

Hank hank.heiberg at gmail.com
Mon May 19 00:07:21 PDT 2014

Following suggestions given to us by Mike and MerryLynn Denny, Karen and I had a great day birding from Pendleton, OR to Burns, OR. Arriving in Burns we were greeted by intermittent rain, a rainbow and a field with 4 Great Egrets and 39 White-faced Ibis into which parachuted 4 Black-crowned Night-Herons. Eventually all of the birds except one Great Egret were frightened off by a Swainson's Hawk, Here is a video of part of the action.

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/14219481074/

Hank Heiberg
Lake Joy
Carnation, WA