[Tweeters] Skagit Dusky Flycatchers, Loggerhead Shrike

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 20:29:45 PDT 2014

Dear Tweeters,

Today, 11 May 2014, I tried to relocate Phil Wegener's Dusky Flycatcher up at Corkindale, to no avail. However, there were single Dusky Flycatchers at both the County Line Ponds (east ponds, on the Skagit County Side) and NP 213 Road (near the big, faux-glacier North Cascades National Park sign, in Skagit County west of Marblemount).

In the fields east of Marblemount was a LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE, quite a surprise.

I ran down to Butler Flats after that, and managed to find the rump of the big Whimbrel flock that had been reported on the east end of Kelleher Road--just 27 Whimbrel.

Then it was on to Hannegan Road up in Whatcom, where it took me quite a while to relocate the three Ross's Geese that have been seen there the last day or two. I eventually found them by driving a bit west on Polinder Road, to its gravel portion, where I could park in peace and quite and scan the fields. There were also quite a few ducks out there, including a couple of Cinnamon Teal.

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch