[Tweeters] Olive-sided Flycatcher, others at Cheasty Greenbelt

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 18:31:48 PDT 2014

Hi all,

There was an Olive-sided Flycatcher at Cheasty Greenbelt today.  It was actually right across the road in a big snag on Golf Course territory.  Cheasty itself had three Pacific-slope Flycatchers and a heard Black-headed Grosbeak, plus Wilson's Warbler, Red-breasted Nuthatch, singing American Goldfinch as usual, the usual territorial Brown Creepers, Dark-eyed Juncos and others.  Hoping for Rufous there, finding Anna's will keep looking.

It was great to see a handful of Purple Martins at Nisqually, more than I can ever remember over the fresh-water ponds, but we don't know how many.

Best wishes,

Save Cheasty,

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com residential Beacon Hill