[Tweeters] PIX - wayward Brown Pelican at Bonneville Dam

Lyn Topinka pointers at pacifier.com
Sat May 10 22:25:31 PDT 2014

hi all ... Gene and I went out to Bonneville Dam to see the Brown Pelican
reported yesterday by Gary Fredericks (and today by Wilson Cady, who we
ran into) ... at first the bird was snoozing on the cement structure
between the North Powerhouse and the Dam ... eventually he went fishing
(after you left Wilson) ... we enjoyed watching him floating downstream in
the fast water and then flying back upstream and floating down again ...
it didn't appear he was eating much but we did see him dive a couple of
times and Gene saw him actually swallow something once ...

http://northwestbirding.com/Images14May/bonneville_dam_brown_pelican_05-10-14.jpg

enjoy,
Lyn

--