[Tweeters] Battle Ground yard birding

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Sat May 10 15:52:23 PDT 2014

Tweeters,

It was an enjoyable morning of birding in my Battle Ground, Clark County
yard this morning. Not many birds but a good variety of presumably passage
migrants:

Warbling Vireo 2
Cassin's Vireo 1 (FOY-yard)
Yellow Warbler 1 (FOY-yard)
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1+
Wilson's Warbler 1 (FOY-yard)
Western Tanager 2 (FOY-yard)
Cedar Waxwing 2 (FOY-yard) don't know if these are migrants or returning
local breeders
a flycatcher "whitted" this morning but could not be identified

The bird that got away was a probable Yellow-breasted Chat which chatted a
bit but I couldn't conclusively rule out a pesky Starling - it needed to
chatter a bit more!

Evening Grosbeaks continue to increase with at least 20 today.

Keep your eyes and ears skyward!

Jim
--
Jim Danzenbaker