[Tweeters] A Duckling's Leap | American White Pelican | Union Bay Watch

Larry Hubbell ldhubbell at comcast.net
Sat May 10 12:06:22 PDT 2014

Tweeters,

For Mother's Day the focus of this week's post is on a duckling and its mother. However I was also lucky enough to spot an American White Pelican as is passed over Union Bay on Monday. There is a distant, documenting photo in the blog. I am curious if anyone else saw it pass by. It was actually headed more west than north as if it was going to Golden Gardens or Port Townsend. I assume it did a course correction and headed north to Canada at some point. Any thoughts on the purpose of the knob on its beak?

http://unionbaywatch.blogspot.com/2014/05/a-ducklings-leap-520-eagle-update.html

Have a great day on Union Bay…where nature lives in the city!

Larry Hubbell
ldhubbell at comcat dot net

Happy Mother's Day!