[Tweeters] Yellow-headed blackbirds along Sammamish River?

Jill Freidberg JFreidberg at uwb.edu
Fri May 9 11:52:17 PDT 2014

Hi

I'm new to the list. I ride my bike north along the Sammamish River Trail most days, from Redmond to Bothell, on my way to work at UW Bothell. I'm usually in a hurry to get to class, and I don't have binoculars along. Yesterday something pretty big (about starling size) and very yellow and black flew over my head from the river to the trees. It was a quick sighting. There was more than one (three?). I'm guessing either Yellow-Headed Blackbird or Western Meadowlark. Anybody with more experience in this area have a guess at which would be more likely this time of year? I've heard that the Meadowlarks are pretty scarce out there since all the farms and condos moved in.

Thanks!
Jill Freidberg
Bothell
JFreidberg at uwb dot com

Part-Time Lecturer
School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
University of Washington Bothell
18115 Campus Way NE
Bothell, WA 98011
425-352-5270