[Tweeters] divebathing Warbling Vireo flock

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 10:18:35 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Some minutes ago I had a heartwarming sight (no photos).  Two Wilson's Warblers were sit-bathing in Butyl Creek when 4 to 6 Warbling Vireos commenced a  dive-bathing operation, with each Vireo doing multiple dives and making it look like the Warblers were under aerial bombardment and lucky to escape with their lives.

We notice that two groups of birds, Flycatchers and Vireos, dive into the water and get out immediately, like a Kingfisher diving for a fish, while all the others sit and bathe.  That seems interesting.

I'm getting a flicker of memory that I might have posted this before on tweeters.

sorry if I'm getting repetitive in my old age.

Best,

Ed Newbold  ednewbold1 at yahoo.com residential Beacon Hill Seattle.   Butyl Creek is the recirculating creek in our backyard.