[Tweeters] Hooded Mergansers Hatching

Lee Rentz lee at leerentz.com
Mon May 5 22:06:48 PDT 2014

I have a new weblog entry showing videos from inside and outside a nest box of Hooded Mergansers hatching and fledging late last week. Go to http://leerentz.wordpress.com

You might also find the prior weblog entry interesting; the State of Alaska is planning to close down the visitor facilities and staffing on Round Island, a place where naturalists have been able to go and see Pacific Walrus, Steller Sea Lion, Parakeet Auklets, Horned and Tufted Puffins, and lots of other species in one of the premier wildlife destinations in North America. It is so sad after 39 years to have this opportunity lost; in addition, the staff had kept great field notes about wildlife populations there that were used scientifically, so that data stream will be lost. Please, read my blog and see what we may lose.

Lee Rentz
Shelton, WA
lee at leerentz.com