[Tweeters] Port Angeles walking

judy mullally judyemull at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 22:04:32 PDT 2014

I've been trying to walk my neighborhood  each week to keep tabs on new arrivals and last lingerers. Today I heard my first Pacific slope flycatcher and Black-headed grosbeak, pretty much as usual timing. But the special rewards of the day were 6 warbler species ( Orange crowned, Audubon's YUMP, Black-throated gray, Wilson's, Townsend's and MacGilivray's)  and a pair of very agitated Hutton's vireos that responded when I tried to pish out a Wilson's warbler! I've heard the vireos in this area over the years so I imagine they are nesting there again.