[Tweeters] Possible Ruff in Tenino.

Chris Warlow christopherwarlow at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 18:44:49 PDT 2014

Yesterday at 1025 Nathanael Swecker, Joe Dlugo and myself found what we think may have been an adult female RUFF.

We were at Mull Rd east of Tenino. The road crosses the Scatter Creek just north of 507 and the bird was to the west of the bridge.

The bird had a blotchy black throat and breast (not the black belly of a Dunlin or Rock Sandpiper), a thin straight bill, dark green legs.

Sorry for the delayed report but we have spent a long time going through resources to confirm the id (as best we could).

Other good birds for the day included Lazuli Bunting, Nashville Warbler and Yellow-Headed Blackbird, all in Thurston County.

Chris Warlow
Olympia