[Tweeters] Clallam County Big 1/4 Day

mark salvadalena marksalvadalena at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 13:05:09 PDT 2014

This year's Clallam County Big 1/4 Day is on Tuesday, May 20th.

What is the Big 1/4 Day? It's like a birding Big Day except that it is a much more manageable 6 hours. This is what you do if you want to join in:
* Form a team, or go solo.

* On Tuesday, May 20th, go birding in Clallam County.
* Start trying to find birds at 430am.
* Stop trying to find birds at 1030am.
* Time your morning so you can meet at the Ediz Hook Sail and Paddle Park by 1045am. At this time we will share bird lists, stories, and a cup of joe.
* Generally, we follow standard Big Day rules: Count only full species, birds must be conclusively identified by sight or sound, etc.
* No registration, no entrance fee, no prizes. If you want, get sponsors and donate your money to Olympic Peninsula Audubon Society or your hometown Audubon Society.
This will be the Big 1/4's third year. In 2012, we had four small teams that found a total of 127 species. Last year's winning team found 100 species - imagine if they had birded for 24 hours, they could have found 400 species! Just kidding. Let me know if you are interested.

Mark Salvadalena
Seattle
mark salvadalena at yahoo dot com