[Tweeters] FOY American Goldfinch

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Thu May 1 15:09:57 PDT 2014

Hi Tweets,

This seems to be my spring for new yard birds. Although I’ve occasionally seen them in Lincoln Park (though not as commonly as I would have thought), I believe this is the first American Goldfinch at my house near the park. It was a beautiful male, happily parked at my sunflower-seed feeder for perhaps 10-15 minutes, apparently unperturbed by the Chestnut-backed Chickadee and Red-breasted Nuthatch who also came to feed briefly. What a gorgeous bird, a lovely harbinger of May.

Cheers,
Trileigh

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Trileigh Tucker
Lincoln Park, West Seattle
Natural history website: naturalpresencearts.com<naturalpresence.wordpress.com>
Photography: flickr.com/photos/trileigh