[Tweeters] orange-crowned warbler: question

Deborah West olyclarinet at gmail.com
Thu May 1 13:12:32 PDT 2014

While my husband and I were camping at Kalaloch campground, we saw and heard a bird which we think is an orange-crowned warbler but we had some questions about it. First, it appeared to have a white line over the eye. It could be that the "black line through the eye" makes the area above the eye look whiter, perhaps. Secondly, the song was not the song we usually hear. It was a three-note trill. The best way I can describe it is the 3-note Pacific Slope "dog whistle" sound but slowed way down and with each note trilled. (Base note, second note lower, third note higher.)

Any ideas?

Deborah West
Olympia
olyclarinetatgmaildotcom