[Tweeters] Bird Feeder Visits

Lee Rentz lee at leerentz.com
Mon Mar 24 11:36:09 PDT 2014

I have a bank of windows facing the lake, and I have a platform feeder on my deck just outside those windows. When I'm here, I feed the Steller;s Jays whole peanuts each morning. Now, when I am in the living room, I am being watched by peeping crows, jays, and squirrels, all hoping for some of my stash of peanuts. About two weeks ago, a big adult gull started also watching the commotion from a tree on the edge of the lake. After watching for a week, it finally gathered up enough courage to visit the feeder, where it grabbed a peanut. It hasn't been back to eat a peanut, since those are apparently not on the list of foods gulls like. However, it has taken to joining the crows, jays, and squirrels in watching me each morning at close range. It's getting kinda creepy out here!

Lee Rentz
Shelton, WA
lee at leerentz.com