[Tweeters] early Skagit Cliff Swallow, Bonaparte's

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 23 20:15:46 PDT 2014

Dear Tweeters,

Today, 23 March 2014, there was a single Cliff Swallow with Tree Swallows at Beaver Lake, near Clear Lake in Skagit County. That is by far my earliest one in Skagit, or anywhere in Washington for that matter.

Another good sighting today was at Samish Island Public Beach. A flock of 140 Bonaparte's Gulls took me by surprise. I checked my records, and found that I'd apparently never seen the species in the months of February or March, anywhere--so, yay!

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch