[Tweeters] Hummer chicks!!

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sun Mar 23 18:01:52 PDT 2014

Good afternoon Tweeters -

I just came in (4pm) from watching the female sitting on various perches - one about 10 feet from the nest doing her clicking sound. I could see just a tip of a bill in the nest. When she finally (she's been off the nest more than on lately) approached the nest, I could see both chicks reaching up to be fed. The mother then immediately left - doesn't need to settle in on them right after now, so they must have some feathers. They are still so tiny! But so thrilling to finally really see them!

Also, we're not sure, but we saw another hummer take some fluff up into another one of our fir trees, but not sure on that yet.

Stay tuned - this next week should be exciting, with lots of growth. It would be nice if the nest was a little more at eye level - my neck is killing me! :)

Caryn / Wedgwood