[Tweeters] Hybrid Goose was Theler Wetlands Harris's Sparrow

John Riegsecker jriegsecker at pobox.com
Sun Mar 23 09:50:54 PDT 2014

> Date: Sun Mar 23 2014 0:08 am

> From: lsr AT ramoslink.info

> Also at the wetlands was a presumed Swan Goose (domestic) x Canada Goose hybrid (according to Sibley’s new guide).

> Photo: http://tinyurl.com/qyje4df

> Can someone confirm or correct this ID?

This bird has been at Theler since at least 2009. At the time, people
seemed to think it might be a Canada x Graylag but nobody had a definite
ID. Some photos here:

http://skygardener.zenfolio.com/p779185011

It pairs up every year, but I have never seen it with goslings. One
year it formed a threesome with another Canada Goose and a Greater
White-fronted.

John Riegsecker
Gig Harbor

jriegsecker at pobox dot com