[Tweeters] Enough already!! / Sleet that is... Wedgwood Hummer

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Wed Mar 19 19:57:07 PDT 2014

Hi Tweeters --

Tonite at 7:45, yet another downpour of sleet. The little hummer in our pine endured 4 of these skybursts today! If those large orbs like golf or baseballs (or the size of a hummingbird nest) can crush cars, the sleet today must seem like bowling balls to the hummer. She sat tight, hunkered down over her chicks, while being pelted by all those "tiny" crystals.

This is rough - being a hummer mother.

Caryn / Wedgwood

PS. No sign of chick faces yet. I'm on pins and needles.