[Tweeters] Snow Bunting Continues @ Ediz Hook

Vincent Lucas vincentlucas5 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:14:13 PDT 2014

I found myself out at Port Angeles this morning, so I decided to see some
of the birds out at Ediz Hook. In between the rain showers, as soon as I
pulled over by the Ediz Hook Restoration sign, within a minute, I found the
Snow Bunting, actually it found me. This is the bird that Iris Sutcliffe
found on 03/16/2014 and it may be the same bird that was there back in
December of 2013. At any rate, I was able to get a few photos of the bird
while it was feeding. Go to this link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/13275024833/

Other nice birds were a Red-necked Grebe in breeding plumage, a Black
Scoter, Greater Scaup, Brant, Harlequin Duck and many other species. I only
had a half-hour to spend there but things are definitely picking up at Ediz
Hook. Here's a few links to a couple of other photos.

Black Scoter:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/13274879815/

Red-necked Grebe:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/13274885705/