[Tweeters] Hutton's Vireo while Birding @ Discovery Park

Michael Fleming michaelfleming01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 00:53:22 PDT 2014

Yesterday I spent some time at Discovery Park and although finding
nothing really unusual I had some good birds. In the evergreens in
back of the visitor's center there were a pair of HUTTON'S VIREOS,
always a good bird to see. Down near the tennis court I observed two
COOPER'S HAWKS soaring overhead. While walking near the fresh water
pond along the north shore east the lighthouse I noticed a
SHARP-SHINNED HAWK perched at eye level about 15 feet in front of me.
I abruptly stopped and the hawk immediately dropped to the ground,
grabbed something and took off -- very nice. Also along the north
shore line there were both COMMON & BARROW'S GOLDENEYE. A few of the
other birds seen included BROWN CREEPER and lots of singing CHICKADEES
(both BLACK-CAPPED & CHESTNUT-BACKED), RUBY-CROWNED KINGLETS, and
PACIFIC WRENS.
Last Saturday in the same area near the fresh water pond I noted a
LINCOLN'S SPARROW and some CEDAR WAXWINGS.

Cheers and Good Birding;

Michael Fleming
Ballard, Washington
michaelfleming01 AT gmail.com